Friday 10 October 2008

Vazhapoo Kuzambu/Curry

INGREDIENTS:

Vazhaipoo(banana flower)-1
onions- 2 medium sized
green chilli -1 slitted
coconut milk- 3/4 cup( If using canned coconut milk just use 4 tbsp)
chilli powder- 1 tsp
coriander powder- 1 tsp
jeera powder- 2 tsp
oil- 4-5 tsp
salt to taste

START:

Heat oil in a pressure cooker/pan and fry the chopped onions and green chilli. When the onions turn transparent add chilli,coriander and jeera powders. Fry for a minute and add the coconut milk and 1/2 cup of water to it.
When the coconut milk boils add the banana flowers.Add salt and pressure cook for one whistle.Serve hot with rice.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About me

I love to cook! I'll blog here about recipes I try, recipes I create, and random thoughts on food and cooking. I rarely follow a recipe exactly, and usually that works out OK, but sometimes it doesn't... it's always an adventure in my kitchen! "This is Dedicated to my Hubby & my Aunt"