Wednesday 12 November 2008

Rava Kesari


INGREDIENTS:

Rava- 1 cup
Sugar- 1 1/4
water- 1 1/2 cups
milk- 1/2 cup
ghee- 4 tbsp
cashews- 6
Raisins- 2 tbsp
Pista- 3
cardomom powder-1/4 tsp
kesari colour/orange food colour-a pinch

METHOD:

1) Heat 3 tbsp of ghee in a pan and fry the rava for a few minutes till a nice aroma comes out. keep aside.
2) Boil water and milk,add the food colour and add rava to it slowly by stirring continuously.
3) Add sugar and mix well. By this time the rava would have been almost cooked and so reduce the flame and keep stirring in between.
In another pan heat 1 tbsp of ghee and add cashews,pista and raisins. Fry till golden brown and add to rava mixture. Sprinkle cardamom powder and mix well.
Kesari ready!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About me

I love to cook! I'll blog here about recipes I try, recipes I create, and random thoughts on food and cooking. I rarely follow a recipe exactly, and usually that works out OK, but sometimes it doesn't... it's always an adventure in my kitchen! "This is Dedicated to my Hubby & my Aunt"