Tuesday 2 September 2008

Poorna kozhukatai

INGREDIENTS:

Riceflour-1 cup
Coconut grated -2cups
Jaggery- slightly less than ½ cup
Milk- ½ cup
Ghee- 1tsp
Cardomom powder- ½ tsp
Salt – a pinch
Oil- 4 tsp

START:

Mix ½ cup of milk , 1 ½ cups of water to the rice flour, ghee and a pinch of salt together. Heat the batter in a pan (preferably non stick) and keep stirring without any lumps, till it forms a dough consistency.
When it is cooled add 4 tsp oil to that and knead it into a soft dough.Make small balls out of this.
Now for the filling, mix the jaggery, coconut and cardomom powder in a pan and heat it. After 6 to 8 minutes if u take some in ur hands u will be able to roll out balls. Remove from heat now and when cooled make small balls(smaller than the rice flour balls).
For flat shaped: Place a plastic sheet on top and bottom of the riceflour ball and press with a small plate or bowl(round and flat). Place the filling and close it. Seal the edges and mark lines with a fork.
Steam the kozhukattais in pressure cooker using idli plates.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About me

I love to cook! I'll blog here about recipes I try, recipes I create, and random thoughts on food and cooking. I rarely follow a recipe exactly, and usually that works out OK, but sometimes it doesn't... it's always an adventure in my kitchen! "This is Dedicated to my Hubby & my Aunt"